domingo, 9 de septiembre de 2012

NYFW SS'13

There's been a quite a few seasons that I haven't post anything about, sometimes I was busy, sometimes I was just bored by the idea of opening Photoshop and editing photos, but anyways, here we go again, SPRING/SUMMER 2013, I'm gonna keep updating this post everytime there's a new collection that really catches my eye and it's worth posting here. By far my favorite has been Alexander Wang (that's why it's highlighted in black) the laser cuts, the proportions, the refined post-apocaliptic peek-a-boos in the skirts, the optic fiber detailing in the shirts and dresses, and even better, the glow-in-the-dark finale (there's a video Byran Boy posted for you to see it) were just amazing. Followed by Wang is BCBGMAXAZRIA and it's leather harnesses, lovely pops of tangerine and beautiful floral prints; Jason Wu and his teaseful leather and lace skirts, straps and studs; the to-die-for ombré prints @ Rebecca Minkoff and the floral nets of Richard Chai- as for Rag & Bone, I was really falling for the neon green-dinosaur-skin leather in cropped jackets and skirts.

Alexandre Herchovitch presented cool squares and typographic prints. Simple lines and a lot of urban inspiration @ Y-3, I wish Yohji Yamamoto would have gone much further and presented more pieces with the dragon-skin-and-flowers print, it was really cool. The sporty-girl-who-wants-to-dress-fresh-and-trendy looks @ DKNY were great. @ Tommy Hilfiger I liked how the eternal preppy master is always re-inventing the way of seeing it with every collection. Olivier Theyskens swept me off -in a good way- with all his leather looks while Phillip Lim made spanglish a trend with little peeks of florals. Jeremy Scott was all about moroccan-adventures-with-lots-of-gold-and hats with veils. Rodarte's cuts and architectural avant-gardé looks made them hard not to love and finally, my other favorite of all the NYFW, Proenza Schouler, Lazaro and Jack's criss-crossed prints and mixture of different leather fabrics blew me away and had me wanting more and more from them, big ups for them!


 There were other runways I liked, but I essencially loved this pieces out of them:


So, which ones were your favorites?
xx,
Alejandro

4 comentarios:

  1. fucking loveit <3

    http://polilovee.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ¡Esto está BRUTAL!
    La mayoría de las colecciones que colocaste son de mis preferidas, tienes un gusto A WE SO ME.
    No sé porque todavía no tienes un montón de seguidores, si este blog está de lo meeeejor

    Un beso desde Margarita,
    http://theacile.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Looking for a picture and found your blog! It's amazing! Following you right now! Don't stop writing, big kiss, Maira

    www.myselffashionshow.com

    ResponderEliminar